1638 Steve Irwin Way
Coach Pickup Service
Pick-ups are available for only $5 per person* return, from seven locations around the Sunshine Coast from Noosa to Mooloolaba. Proceeds from this service go towards Australia Zoo Conservation Projects.
Bookings are essential.
Please phone reception on (07) 5436 2000
or make an enquiry online.
*Children under 3 years travel free.
Australia Zoo Coach Pickup Service stops & times
- 8:10am Noosaville - Noosaville Lions Park bus stop (Gympie Terrace)
- 8:15am Noosaville - Cnr William Street & Noosa Parade
- 8:30am Noosa Heads - Cnr Noosa Parade & Hastings Street (Transit Centre)
- 8:50am Coolum - David Low Way (near Coolum Surf Club, under the sea theme)
- 9:10am Maroochydore - Cnr of First Avenue and George Street (near Maroochy RSL)
- 9:15am Alexandra Headlands - Intercity bus stop (in front of skate bowl, next to Alex Surf Club)
- 9:20am Mooloolaba - River Esplanade (opposite Sailport Mooloolaba Apartments)
- Arrives Australia Zoo approx. 9:50am
- Departs from Australia Zoo admissions at 4:00pm
Travelling by Rail
The QR Citytrain has a seven-day service that operates between the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Beerwah. For more information, check out translink.com.au/ or phone 13 12 30 for the train timetable.
The Australia Zoo courtesy coach meets most trains at the Beerwah Rail Station to transfer passengers to the Zoo. If the bus is not at the station, simply call the Zoo on 5436 2000 and a bus will be sent out for your convenience.
Please check the Translink site for ticket prices.
Travelling by Coach
Australian Day Tours
Operating seven days a week, the Croc Express is a fantastic way to get to Australia Zoo from the Gold Coast or Brisbane (pick up from all the major hotels). This friendly service allows you to relax in air-conditioned comfort while learning about all the sights along the way.
The tour departs theGold Coast at approximately 8.00am, and departs Brisbane Transit Centre (Roma Street) in Brisbane at approximately 8:45am. The bus arrives at Australia Zoo around 10.15am for all the wildlife action. The day is then yours to spend exploring the Zoo at your leisure, before departing at 4.30pm.
Return transport and Zoo entry costs: Adult $126 per person, Pens/Student $121 per person, Child $82 per person and infants are free. For an extra wildlife adventure, the Australia Zoo Travel team can add an Australia Zoo Animal Encounter to your day.
Phone Australian Day Tours (1300 36 34 36) to make your booking.
CC's Croc Connections
Departing Brisbane daily at 9:00 am (pick up from all the major hotels) and arriving at Australia Zoo by approximately 10.15am, CC's Croc Connections offers a friendly, personal bus service to kick-start your day at the Zoo. Along the way you can learn about the history of Australia Zoo and the Irwin family while relaxing in air-conditioned comfort. The bus will depart the Zoo at 4.10pm.
After an action-packed day at Australia Zoo you can sit back and enjoy the revealing commentary along the Glasshouse Mountains or watch an exciting Crocodile Hunter DVD! Return transport and Zoo entry costs:
Adult - $110 per person
Pensioner/Student - $95 per person
Child - $70 per person
Family of 4 - $345 (2 adults + 2 children*)
Family of 5 - $395 (2 adults + 3 children*)
*Children 3-14 yrs of age.
Phone CC's Croc Connections (1300 551 249) to make your booking.
You can catch the following Sunbus services to Australia Zoo:
Route 615 - Maroochydore (Sunshine Plaza) - Mooloolaba - Chancellor Park - Landsborough Station - Australia Zoo
Route 605 - Kawana to Landsborough via Caloundra (this service will link with the 615 at Landsborough Station to bring you to Australia Zoo)
For all bus times and details, please contact TransLink on 13 12 30 or visit www.translink.com.au.
Travelling by Air
The nearest airport to Australia Zoo is the Sunshine Coast Airport which is open 24 hours a day and located on Friendship Avenue, Marcoola in the heart of the Sunshine Coast.
Brisbane's main international airport is about an hour from Australia Zoo.
The Sunshine Coast is easily accessible by a number of major highways which dissect the region. It is approximately 60 minutes driving time from Brisbane via the Bruce Highway. Australia Zoo is situated on Steve Irwin Way, Beerwah.
Directions from Hervey Bay to Australia Zoo; approximately 230kms (3 hours, 30 minutes)
- From Hervey Bay, follow the signs to Maryborough
- From Maryborough, follow the signs to Gympie
- From Gympie, follow the signs to the Sunshine Coast
- Follow the Bruce Highway until the Landsborough/Steve Irwin Way exit on the left
- Take the exit which goes back over the Bruce Highway and get onto Steve Irwin Way
- Follow Steve Irwin Way
- Pass the Mooloolah exit on the right
- Pass the Landsborough exit on the right
- Australia Zoo is on the left about 5kms past Landsborough
Directions from the Gold Coast to Australia Zoo; approximately 150kms (2 hrs)
- From the Gold Coast, take the Pacific Highway
- Follow the Pacific Highway onto to the Gateway Arterial Road
- Go over the Gateway Bridge and through the toll leading onto the Bruce Highway
- Stay on the Bruce Highway and follow the signs to the Sunshine Coast
- Go past the Caboolture exit
- After 10kms take the Steve Irwin Way/Glasshouse Mountains Exit on the left (there is a big brown sign with Beerburrum, Maleny and Landsborough on it)
- Follow Steve Irwin Way for 18kms without exiting
- Pass Beerburrum exit on the left
- Pass Glasshouse Mountains exit on the left
- Pass Beerwah exit on the left
- The Australia Zoo entrance is on the right, 3kms past Beerwah
Directions to Australia Zoo
Within the Region
Suncoast Cabs service Caloundra to Noosa and west to the Blackall Range. Local bus companies provide daily services throughout the Sunshine Coast and a variety of rental vehicles are available through Avis.