At Australia Zoo you can get closer than you ever thought possible to these amazing animals. Found throughout the Himalayan Mountains it is a rare treat to be able to experience these soft, furry, bushy tailed, gorgeous looking Red Pandas.
Offer them a treat, and if you're lucky, these little cuties might even eat out of your hand! What a ripper!
Timing and Days
- One Panda encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 8:30am - 8:50am. Participants need to check in at the Front Gates at least 20 minutes prior to encounter.
Price and Guest Limit
- $80 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 6 years.
- Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
Bookings can be made in advance online or by calling 07 5436 2002.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
- Available only to participants who are 6 years of age and above only.
- Children 6 -14yrs MUST be accompanied to the encounter by a paying adult.
- Only paying participants can attend the encounter.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
- All interaction will be instigated by the Pandas.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos taken will be available for purchase from the Fuji Photography lab. (Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person)
- If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Upon arrival, please be at the front Admissions gates at 8:10am
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- The Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if needed.
- Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release attached.
- Red Panda encounters are subject to the weather. You must be aware that the encounter may be cancelled if the weather is unsuitable. The encounter will be rescheduled for later in the day or the next available date at the handlers discretion.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.