At Australia Zoo you can get closer than you ever thought possible to these amazing animals. Found throughout the Himalayan Mountains it is a rare treat to be able to experience these soft, furry, bushy tailed, gorgeous looking Red Pandas.
Offer them a treat, and if you're lucky, these little cuties might even eat out of your hand! What a ripper!
Timing and Days
- One Panda encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 10:00am - 10:20am. Participants need to sign in at the Information Desk at least 30 minutes prior to encounter.
Price and Guest Limit
- $80 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 6 years.
- Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
Bookings can be made at the Information Desk by 9:30am on the day of the encounter or can be made in advance by calling (07) 5436 2002 or emailing via our contact form.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
1. Red Panda Encounters are only available to participants who are 6 years of age and above. All children must be accompanied to the enclosure by a supervising adult.
2. Sensible footwear must be worn during the encounter.
3. All participants must agree to follow instructions given by the handlers at all times.
4. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time. This will be at the handler’s discretion.
5. Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the encounter.
6. No personal items or food are permitted during the encounter with the exception of cameras.
7. Wheelchair access available.
8. All interaction will be instigated by the Red Pandas’.
9. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
10. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos will be available for viewing and purchase from the Fujifilm photography lab 30 minutes after the encounter has taken place. Price includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
11. The Panda Encounter may be cancelled if weather is bad and a refund given.« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.