Online Employment Application
Leaf Cutter - Casual
Department: Grounds and Landscaping
Here at Australia Zoo and the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, we have many Koalas to feed. In order for us to successfully do this, we have a team of hard working leaf cutters that visit numerous plantations on a daily basis collecting the required amount.
Duties will include
- Assist to facilitate sourcing and maintaining of leaf harvesting properties - private or company owned for plantation development including contact details
- Write up and maintain records - leaf cutting logs etc
- Have a thorough understanding of sourcing eucalyptus, plantation mngt and legislative requirements of eucalyptus harvesting
- Be able to identify different species of eucalyptus
- Demonstrate an in-depth and thorough understanding between animal health and the provision of diet. Including documentation and analysis of feeding behavior
- Liaise with the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital (appropriate personnel) to facilitate the provision of leaf and maintain a positive relationship. Provide ongoing clear communication and assist in areas of development and support
Applicants must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative.
If you meet the criteria mentioned above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job below. Applications close 29th of April 2018
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.