Online Employment Application
Multi-Skilled General Labourer - Casual
Department: Building Services
Under the direction of the Building Services Manager, the successful applicant will assist with the maintenance and construction projects in and around Australia Zoo.
Due to the nature of this work and with regular deadlines to meet, it can be a fast paced environment with the entirety of the work being hands on.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Assist with the general maintenance of the facilities, fences and signage in and around the Zoo. (Repairs, Painting, cleaning etc).
General cleaning duties of work sites, work sheds and equipment.
Assist tradespersons as requested.
Work within the guidelines of the health and safety procedures to ensure security and safety of self, staff, visitors and animals.
Assist with maintenance of facilities
Operation of plant machinery
General cleaning duties of work sites
General gardening as required
Undertake safety checks
Working out the quantity of materials needed for the job by taking surface measurements or by looking at job specifications or drawings
Erecting scaffolding, cradles and ladders and place drop-sheets to protect areas from dripping paint
Removing old paint or paper using sanders, scrapers, blowtorches, liquid paint removers and steam strippers as appropriate
Preparing surfaces by fixing woodwork, filling or sealing holes, cracks and joins, and washing them down to remove dust and grease
Wash equipment and clean work areas.
Assist to monitor and direct safety checks (staff, facilities and equipment)
Operating basic tools and machinery
Maintain and assist with the cleanliness of the Work Shed
Assist with creating artwork (Mock rocks, trees etc)
Other duties as requested by the Building Services Manager or Zoo Director
This position requires the following:
- Applicants must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative.
- Ability to work well as a team and unsupervised
- Previous maintenance/ labouring experience
- Experience operating tools and equipment related to position
- Hold current manual driver's Licence
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods when required
Any other relevant tickets/licenses
Elevated Work Platform ticket
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job below. Applications close 25th of February 2018
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.